Monday, October 14, 2013

Samsung's "Next Big Thing"


When I first saw this commercial for the new Samsung Galaxy Gear me and my brother were talking, and right as I was talking the it popped up on the TV and I was immediately drawn into it.  It has such a clear message that this is the kind of thing people have only dreamed about.  The commercial also works well because everybody who grew up in America has seen one of these TV shows or movies, allowing it to be mass marketed to many different people.  However only the last fifteen seconds of the commercial even show the product which leaves you to ask what does it really even do.

This prompted me to do a little research on it and what I found out really gave me some doubts.  According to  review I read on cnet it doesn't actually have many features and won't be totally replacing your phone either, it is still linked to your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (and only the Galaxy Note 3 for the time being) by Bluetooth but can be used to make calls, send texts and use a few apps but no email or social services are supported yet.

The Samsung Galaxy Gear is the first smart watch that I've heard of but I learned that there are others, so this is an industry that is still in the market introduction stage so it'll be interesting to see if it catches on
.

No comments:

Post a Comment