Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Derrick Rose Shoes



This commercial demonstrates competitive advertising. I think that Adidas did a very good job making a commercial to compete with Nike. Nike is the industry leader in sales of basketball shoes with Adidas in second. Adidas used this commercial to say that their basketball shoes are as good or better then Nikes. Nike uses Lebron James as their face to basketball showing that their shoes are used by champions. I like that Adidas uses Derrick Rose’s injury to their advantage. When I see this commercial I think, yes Nikes are used by champions but Adidases create champions.
            I first saw this commercial while watching ESPN. This tells me that Adidas is trying to hit a target market associated with sports. This is well implemented because the people whom watch ESPN are normally active sports fans. Their demographic would be physically active people who would buy a pair of these shoes. I believe that if Adidas continues to use commercials like this one then they will draw some of the business from Nike or other basketball shoe manufacturers.
            Basketball shoes are far through their product life cycle. So using commercials to persuade customers to buy their product is key to their success. They do this well by mixing it up by saying that their shoes were used to rehab Derrick Rose instead of just used by the star. This is very different from most basketball shoe commercials which I think will help them stick out from the rest.

By: Daniel Falls 






No comments:

Post a Comment